Black Survival Wiki:Tasks
The following tasks still need to be completed. Thank you for contributing! Top Priority = updating the wiki to the most recent game patch.
- 1 January 22nd Patch
- 2 December 11 patch
- 3 Nov 13th patch
- 4 September 30th patch
- 5 September 9th patch
- 6 August 14th patch
- 7 Minor Maintenance/Clean-up
- 8 Avatar pages
- 9 Data Entry Projects
- 10 Gameplay Advice Projects
- 11 Back-end Projects
- 12 Future Projects
- 13 Guidelines for Updating Item Pages
January 22nd Patch[edit source]
- patch note page
- win rates page
- edit front page
- image categorization
- Edit Tech Lab, Emoticons, Avatars
- Add white eagle alex image + video
- Aglaia Pass episode 3 data
- get screenshots from someone who has opened up episode 3
- upload skin images
- get the music/skin videos from someone eventually...
- "Starting from this Episode, the stories will be portrayed in a story-mode form." figure out what this looks like
- There will be slight differences in the Live2D animation compared to the community post animation that was announced.
- stats/skills: Edit Nadine, Aya, Bernice, Adriana, Yuki,
- edit quiver of infinity, accessories, items pages
December 11 patch[edit source]
- Quick slot system: not sure if this needs its own page or where to put this new info...
- "The matching for Normal Games for Herbivore/Fox will now be judged as Herbivore." figure out what this means (from someone who's currently fox, I guess?)
- screenshot of opponent rio with vital crash
- better transparent for rio with vital crash
Nov 13th patch[edit source]
- AG pass episode 2?
- 4th anniversary page
New Season Edits[edit source]
- Upload TS selection event prize data from Apiput
September 30th patch[edit source]
Other Lobby Changes[edit source]
- TeamBS Waiting Room: get screenshots from a streamer, I guess?
- Spectating Mode Improvements: get updated screenshots, add to Game Modes or something
September 9th patch[edit source]
Aglaia’s Pass Release[edit source]
- Make a big page for this under "Game Info" and add as much info as possible... 
- Get screenshots from people
August 14th patch[edit source]
Minor Maintenance/Clean-up[edit source]
- Team Match
- In the pre-game lobby, character/aptitude/skin selection screenshots (these need to be redone because the official images show player ranks, which has now been removed)
- Besides Bear/Gorilla/Dr. Wickeline, can other animals show up on the map?
- How does the EXP sharing system work?
- make the individual pages in the rulebook category subpages or something. Right now they're acting as outdated duplicates.
- Search formula:
- add a mathematical formula for how to calculate overall percentages
- screenshot example of an unsuccessful search
- Add "flavor text" to area pages (will probably get these from translation server)
Avatar pages[edit source]
I give up on avatar videos; it's impossible to get them all.
- Make individual avatar pages for avatars that don't have an individual page
- Get dialogues from translation server and copy/paste them onto the individual avatar pages (it's probably fine... we can't upload research journals because "people should play the game to unlock things themselves" but avatars is just P2W)
- Move the videos we currently have to a new tab or the bottom of each page
PROJECT: Categorization[edit source]
- Categorize pages
- Image/Audio categorization: See  for the rest (miscellaneous/hard to categorize images), and see  for the list of image categories and  for the list of audio categories. This project is mostly in maintenance. PLEASE CATEGORIZE IMAGES AS YOU GO; TRY TO KEEP THE # OF UNCATEGORIZED IMAGES < 100
Data Entry Projects[edit source]
These projects involve gathering data and putting that data on the wiki. No gameplay knowledge is required, and minimal wiki editing knowledge is required.
PROJECT: Adding and Translating voice files (ENG/KR/JPN)[edit source]
- Progress tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XhdeeOAL4-jf5x-3YEKU1NBOP-Vicg3ydxc0PlrtwtE/edit#gid=806077144
- For voice files not in Fankit: Record and clip audio using "preview" button
- in Shop for Voice packs; on Character Page for characters
- Upload audio files to wiki
- Upload as many audio files as you can possibly obtain- including variations of the same voice line, sound effects, etc.
- Get translations for Korean/Japanese voice lines
- Put audio files in "Gallery" section of character pages
- Make a "Voice Packs" page (right now voice packs are only mentioned in Shop and also put those audio files on that page
PROJECT: Researcher Comments[edit source]
Take screenshots of Researcher Comments, and add to this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QsKlKzPpK88w4DO09E4zshgS42KOt0eSQ3nee_xig68/edit?usp=sharing You can get screenshots from your own gameplay or from stream VODS.
The following information is also needed for each game: Placement / Cause of death / # of kills / any other info that might be relevant to the research comment
Once every (known) researcher comment has a screenshot, a wiki page can be made for this data.
Gameplay Advice Projects[edit source]
These projects involve getting gameplay advice onto the wiki, to help out newer players. Gameplay knowledge is required: it's strongly suggested that only dragon players contribute to these projects. Minimal wiki editing knowledge is required.
PROJECT: Character Playstyle Guides[edit source]
- Playstyle sections for most characters are insufficient and/or outdated
- Miwa went through all of these sections and wrote in information (thanks Miwa!!!) Sections still need check for grammar + ideally, a final check from someone who mains the character at a high level Bluebirdyhahaha (talk) 23:45, 20 April 2019 (UTC)
- Proofreading done- thanks Luckyaqiua! Still need accuracy checks from high-level players Bluebirdyhahaha (talk) 21:56, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
Playstyle Sections Overview[edit source]
|Adela||4/5||*Suggest some good blue blunt weapons to build|
|Adriana||4.5/5||*Playing against Adriana|
|Alex||4/5||*When to choose the most popular mastery in the lobby over Hand/Blade
|Arda||4/5||* Needs check from an Arda main
|Aya||4/5||*When to save Justice stacks and when not to|
|Barbara||4/5||*Example blunt weapons/routes to encounter gun components
|Bernice||4/5||* Needs check from a Bernice main
|Camilo||1/5||*Proofreading doneLuckyaqiua (talk) 07:11, 14 August 2019 (UTC)|
|Cathy||4/5||* still kind of short but idk what else to say, Cathy's pretty straightforward|
|Chiara||2/5||* I think the information is still pretty accurate, but too short/informal|
|Daniel||3/5||*Added basic gameplay informationLuckyaqiua (talk) 07:31, 14 August 2019 (UTC)|
|Emma||3/5||*Proofreading doneLuckyaqiua (talk) 07:31, 14 August 2019 (UTC)|
|Eleven||3/5||*Proofreading doneLuckyaqiua (talk) 07:31, 14 August 2019 (UTC)|
|Fiora||4/5||* Pretty accurate/thorough|
|Hart||4.5/5||* Add a "how to counter Hart" section|
|Hyejin||4/5||* Add more detail to Omen usage, between animal spawns, before final area etc|
|Hyunwoo||4/5||* Playing against Hyunwoo?|
|Isol||3/5||* Moderately thorough (could use some more info for Battle/Hybrid)|
|Jackie||2/5||* Somewhat thorough, but I think the advice is not that good|
|Jan||3.5/5||* Not that much detail on ability usage
|Jenny||1.5/5||* Needs rewriting to account for Play Dead/Revenge Play rework|
|JP||3.5/5||* too short and too informal|
|Lenox||3/5||*Proofreading doneLuckyaqiua (talk) 07:31, 14 August 2019 (UTC)|
|Leon||2/5||*Proofreading done Luckyaqiua2 (talk) 06:27, 9 September 2019 (UTC)|
|Li Dailin||3/5||*Proofreading done Luckyaqiua2 (talk) 06:27, 9 September 2019 (UTC)|
|Luke||3/5||*Proofreading done Luckyaqiua2 (talk) 06:27, 9 September 2019 (UTC)|
|Magnus||3/5||*Proofreading done Luckyaqiua2 (talk) 06:27, 9 September 2019 (UTC)|
|Mai||3/5||*Proofreading done Luckyaqiua2 (talk) 06:27, 9 September 2019 (UTC)|
|Nadine||3/5||*Proofreading done Luckyaqiua2 (talk) 06:27, 9 September 2019 (UTC)|
|Nathapon||4/5||* Needs check from someone who's actually played Nathapon before
|Rosalio||3/5||*Proofreading done Luckyaqiua2 (talk) 06:27, 9 September 2019 (UTC)|
|Rozzi||3/5||*Proofreading done Luckyaqiua2 (talk) 06:27, 9 September 2019 (UTC)|
|Shoichi||3/5||*Proofreading done Luckyaqiua2 (talk) 06:27, 9 September 2019 (UTC)|
|Silvia||3/5||*Proofreading done Luckyaqiua2 (talk) 06:27, 9 September 2019 (UTC)|
|Sissela||3/5||*Proofreading done Luckyaqiua2 (talk) 06:27, 9 September 2019 (UTC)|
|Sua||3/5||*Proofreading done Luckyaqiua2 (talk) 06:27, 9 September 2019 (UTC)|
|William||4/5||*Proofreading done Luckyaqiua2 (talk) 06:27, 9 September 2019 (UTC)|
|XiuKai||3/5||*Proofreading done Luckyaqiua2 (talk) 06:27, 9 September 2019 (UTC)|
|Yuki||3/5||*Proofreading done Luckyaqiua2 (talk) 06:27, 9 September 2019 (UTC)|
|Zahir||3/5||*Proofreading done Luckyaqiua2 (talk) 06:27, 9 September 2019 (UTC)|
Back-end Projects[edit source]
These projects involve restructuring/reformatting parts of the wiki to make it more user friendly. No gameplay knowledge is required. Wiki editing knowledge is required.
PROJECT: Restructuring Character Subpages[edit source]
- make character subpages "templates", so that they don't show up in search/"Random page" results
- for research journal tabs, add a template to tell people "Per Archbears' request, do not post locked research journals onto this wiki"
PROJECT: Main Page[edit source]
- update mobile version of front page
- figure out how to make images on the front page shrink normally (css)
PROJECT: Automating Item Pages[edit source]
- make "item category pages" (Clothes, etc.) = cargo queries, instead of manual input
- make Item Effects = cargo query, instead of manual input (or maybe this will just stay a manual input)
- if possible, cargo query the item quantities on the area pages (or maybe this will just stay a manual input)
Future Projects[edit source]
These projects, for various reasons, can't be worked on right now, but will need to get done in the future.
PROJECT: Writing a Contributor's Guide[edit source]
Write a guide for how to maintain the wiki that covers common patch changes. Skim Patch Note Archives to see which change types need to be covered.
- General Guidelines (categorization, citing official posts, citing the Japanese wiki, etc.)
- Item Changes
- Area item quantity changes
- Changes to existing characters
- New character added
- New tech lab period
- New Season (editing Leagues)
- Other pages that need occasional maintenance: gameplay advice pages, limited time events, etc.
- Win Rate pages, Patch Note pages
- How to edit the front page
- More advanced stuff (templates, cargo, etc.)
PROJECT: General How to Play Guides[edit source]
Once the drafts are thorough enough to be put onto the wiki, FAQ can be condensed/cut down as needed.
I don't know enough about the meta anymore to be a reliable author for this. I'm hoping someone can resume this project again, but it may take a while/if something about the game changes drastically, a lot of changes will be needed. I think a lot of the current drafts are already outdated. Bluebirdyhahaha (talk) 21:56, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
PROJECT: Adding Patch History to Pages[edit source]
Ideally, all patch changes that have happened since Season 3 (international release) should be included on individual item pages, character pages, Rulebook, etc. Use Patch Note Archives and Japanese wiki pages as references. But this is going to take a long time and is relatively low-priority. The projects above should be done first.
Guidelines for Updating Item Pages[edit source]
- Image changed: Update the image by going to the image file page, then click "upload a new version of this file"
- Description changed: Change the description on the item page.
- Name changed: On the item page, click "More" on the top horizontal bar --> "Move" --> change the page name. This creates a redirect, so that searching the old item name will bring you to the new item name page. DON'T MAKE A NEW PAGE THEN JUST COPY/PASTE EVERYTHING.
- The image also needs to be replaced (since the image contains the item name)
- Change the name on any item table pages (Arm Armor,Stab Weapons, etc.)
- Change the name on Item Effects, if needed.
- Edit Template:Item_Navbox
- Ideally, change any time the old name appears on the wiki to the new name. For example, the "Needed to Craft"/"Recipe" sections of other item pages. But if there's a redirect (there should be), old links will still work.
- Item deleted: add to Archived Content, then redirect the page to Archived Content.